The National Bank of Georgia (NBG) is considering launching a publicly available Central Bank Digital Currency (CBDC) to leverage new technologies to enhance efficiencies of the domestic payment system and financial inclusion. The CBDC is a direct liability of the central bank that can be used to settle[...]Read More
After a 10-year pause, Georgia has successfully returned to the international securities market and was able to place a Eurobond at an unprecedentedly low price for the country. The demand of investors was four times more than the amount of the bond, which once again underscores their confidence[...]Read More
1. Visa Requirements There are certain restrictions for those wishing for visiting Georgia during COVID19 pandemic . Foreigners who seek to enter Georgia generally must first obtain a Georgian visa, which is placed in the traveler’s passport (a visa blank) or is issued electronically (electronic visa). Certain international[...]Read More
1. Introduction Georgian Government has ruled new COVID-19 restrictions coming into force on November 28, 2020 and apply until January 31, 2021. The movement of persons throughout the country from 21:00 to 05:00 is prohibited, both on foot and by transport, as well as being in public space.[...]Read More
1. Introduction The new state program "Mechanism for Promoting Foreign Investment Projects" (FDI grant in Georgia) was approved by the government on November 19, 2020. The program will be implemented by the agency Enterprise Georgia, who had been working on developing the program for past several months. The[...]Read More
1. Introduction As part of the strategy to gradually open the country and to boost the tourism industry the Georgian Government has decided to allow foreign citizens to enter Georgia under a special regime. A new platform " Remotely from Georgia" has been launched for foreign citizens wishing[...]Read More
1. Visa Requirements Foreigners who seek to enter Georgia generally must first obtain a Georgian visa, which is placed in the traveler’s passport (a visa blank) or is issued electronically (electronic visa). Certain international travelers may be eligible to travel to Georgia without a visa if they meet[...]Read More
1. Introduction The documents issued or caused to be issued by the authorities of foreign countries for use in the territory of Georgia needs to be certified, either by having an apostille affixed to it, or legalized. 2. Apostille An Apostille is a French word meaning certification. It[...]Read More
Georgia is a great destination for investors and companies from all around the world with stable economic development, liberal and free market oriented economic policy, low tax rates, signiﬁcantly simpliﬁed administrative procedures, low level of corruption and bureaucracy, signiﬁcantly decreased number of licenses and permissions, competitively priced workforce,[...]Read More
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. These cookies ensure basic functionalities and security features of the website, anonymously.
|This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookie is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Analytics".
|The cookie is set by GDPR cookie consent to record the user consent for the cookies in the category "Functional".
|This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookie is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Other.
|This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookies is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Necessary".
|This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookie is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Performance".
Functional cookies help to perform certain functionalities like sharing the content of the website on social media platforms, collect feedbacks, and other third-party features.
Performance cookies are used to understand and analyze the key performance indexes of the website which helps in delivering a better user experience for the visitors.
Analytical cookies are used to understand how visitors interact with the website. These cookies help provide information on metrics the number of visitors, bounce rate, traffic source, etc.
Advertisement cookies are used to provide visitors with relevant ads and marketing campaigns. These cookies track visitors across websites and collect information to provide customized ads.
Other uncategorized cookies are those that are being analyzed and have not been classified into a category as yet.